Best Things We Ate in Mobile: Attention Mobilians! Here’s another local guide showcasing some of the finest bites in the Port City. Stay tuned for insights into these delectable dishes and where to savor them.
1 Florentine Omelet from Ruby Slipper Cafe
As we all reckon, breakfast takes the crown for the day’s most crucial meal, and nowhere does it better than Ruby Slipper Cafe. The irresistible Florentine Omelet boasts a delightful mix of portobello mushroom, spinach, and goat cheese, served with your pick of two delectable sides.
- Location: 100 N Royal St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 7AM-2PM | Saturday-Sunday, 7AM-3PM
ALSO READ: Best Spots to Fish in Alabama
2 Now Famous Butch Burger from Butch Cassidy Cafe
For all you burger enthusiasts out there, this one’s a must-try. Adorned with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, mayo, and pickles, this burger is a happiness-inducing delight, even if it comes with a side of, well, maybe a few extra calories!
- Location: 60 N Florida St, Mobile, AL 36607
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 11AM-9PM | Friday, 11AM-10PM | Saturday, 11AM-9PM
3 Caesar Wrap from Lucky – Irish Pub & Grill
We’ve struck gold at the end of the rainbow with this wrap from Lucky. Who would have thought that the straightforward blend of Caesar salad and grilled chicken tucked into a tortilla could be so incredibly tasty?
- Location: 3692 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL 36608
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday, 11AM-12AM | Thursday-Saturday, 11AM-2AM | Sunday, 11AM-12AM
4 Sesame Ginger Stir Fry from Sunflower Cafe
Elevate your stir-fry prowess at Sunflower Cafe, where they use organic veggies and locally sourced ingredients. This vibrant and tasteful dish features seasonal veggies, whole grain brown rice, ginger, and garlic sautéed in their in-house toasted sesame ginger sauce.
- Location: 3055 Dauphin St, Mobile, AL 36606
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10:30AM-3PM | Sunday, 11AM-2PM
5 Spooky Cookies from Pollman Bake Shop
For those with a sweet tooth (guilty as charged!), Pollman’s Bake Shop is your dessert haven. Their delectable sugar cookies, adorned to match each season, are the ideal addition to any occasion or gathering. There’s just something about biting into a sugar cookie shaped like Frankenstein that elevates the whole experience!
- Location: 750 S Broad St, Mobile, AL 36603
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 7:30AM-7PM
6 Crabmeat Spinach Dip from Felix’s Fish Camp
Who can resist a classic spinach-artichoke dip? But have you experienced the culinary delight of Felix’s Fish Camp crabmeat spinach dip? This appetizer takes the creamy and cheesy goodness of spinach-artichoke dip, adds a hint of Tabasco peppers, and elevates it with a topping of jumbo lump crabmeat and melted Jalapeño-Jack cheese. A true treat for the taste buds!
- Location: 1530 Battleship Pkwy, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 11AM-10PM
7 Filet Mignon from The Royal Scam
Indulging in a filet is always a treat, but it’s an extraordinary experience when it looks and tastes like this. Picture a steak coated in a red wine demi-glace, expertly grilled to perfection, and accompanied by roasted fingerling potatoes and grilled asparagus. Treat yourself and secure a reservation to savor this exquisite dish firsthand!
- Location: 72 S Royal St, Mobile, AL 36602
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 5PM-9PM
8 Hot Dog + Fried Okra from Dew Drop Inn
The vibrant red hue of a Dew Drop hot dog might be intimidating to some, but trust me, it’s nothing short of delicious. At the oldest restaurant in Mobile, the hot dog possibilities are endless. While I’m a fan of the plain hot dog, you can easily top it with chili and sauerkraut if that’s more to your liking!
- Location: 1808 Old Shell Rd, Mobile, AL 36607
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10AM-3PM